1. Contest Entry Period: The “Contest Entry Period” for submission of DJ mixes (as further described below) starts 30 April 2014 and ends 19 May 2014 (11:59:59 pm).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to entrants of at least 18 years of age residing in Romania.
3. How to Enter: You may enter the Contest via the Internet during the Contest Entry Period. Go to Electric Castle’s contest page, and follow the instructions there. Submit a mix of minimum 20 minutes using the artwork provided, the title Electric Castle Festival DJ Contest – [Your Name] and tag the mix using Electric Castle Festival DJ Contest. If your mix will be shortlisted, with the condition of reaching at least 50 plays in the Contest Entry Period, you agree to give the organizer the right of uploading your mix on the Electric Castle profile on Mixcloud.
4. Entry Requirements: Entries must: be original; be submitted and registered by one individual entrant (although you may collaborate with others in creating the entry, provided that you retain all ownership rights in and to the entry); have not been previously published nor previously won awards or contests; not infringe on the rights of any third party.
5. Winner Selection: In April 20, 10 mixes will be shortlisted by the jury and will be uploaded on Electric Castle Festival’s Mixcloud account.The jury will choose 10 mixes from the one submitted looking at the track selection, originality and technical ability. Then the voting period will start. The shortlisted applicants will have to collect favorites by sharing their mix on the social networks and by inviting their friends to vote. At the end of the voting period each mix will get points according to their rank. The most voted mix will get 10 points, the second one 9 points, third on 8 points and so on. The voting period ends on May 26, 23:59:59. The jury will also rank the shortlisted mixes from 1 to 10 and publish the ranking according to their grades (First place gets 10 points, second one 9 points and so on). The two winning mixes are the ones that have the most points after the summing up two rankings. They will be announced on May 27. Each one will win an 1 hour DJ set at the Dance Garden stage. Also the jury will choose one special prize that will win a 2 hour DJ Set at The Mill.
6. Prize Limitations: The right to receive any prize (final and/or interim) is non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes will not be redeemed in cash; no recourse to the law is permitted. No substitution, cash equivalent, transfer or exchange will be allowed except by the organizers, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value in its sole discretion.
Please see Mixcloud’s general Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.