To celebrate this year’s 100 Tracks Bleep have teamed up with XLR8R to find out your what your favourite tracks from the year are.
Now in its 6th annual instalment, Bleep’s The Top 100 Tracks of 2014 is the definitive guide to the best music of the year available as a high quality download, an ideal gift or for your own listening pleasure.
Submit a mix of your favourite tracks from 2014 for the chance to win prizes listed below.
How to enter:
- Record a mix of your favourite tracks from 2014, regardless of style or genre here
- Title the mix “Title the mix: “Bleep x XLR8R 100 Tracks Mix Competition: [Your Name]”
- Tag the mix: “Bleep x XLR8R 100 Tracks Mix Competition“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Add the full track listing in the typical Mixcloud format: Track Number – Artist – Track Title.
- Use the cover art provided here. If you fail to use this cover art, your entry may be missed.
Your mix will be included in the Bleep podcast series and you will also receive:
- AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphones
- 100 Tracks Gift Card
- Mixcloud Pro Account for life
- Warp + Bleep Merch
- Technology Will Save Us Kit
- White labels from Ninja Tune + more TBA
- Test Pressings from Night Slugs + more TBA
- The forthcoming Nozinja x Tessela 12″ on Bleep
- All Saints + InFiné Vinyl
- Bundle of stickers, merchandise, vinyl and CDs from the artists and labels included in The Top 100 Tracks of 2014
For more info go here.
Want to play at the biggest club in New York City for one of the best bass music parties in the United States?
Win the opening slot for Basement Saturdays with Mayhem and Subset at Webster Hall, November 15th brought to you by Dubspot, Webster Hall and Mixcloud!
- First prize winner will perform at Webster Hall on November 15th with Mayhem and Subset (Travel & accommodation not included).
- First Prize winner will receive a course of their choice at Dubspot NYC (Does not include packaged courses).
- Top 3 finalists will get to perform a private set to Webster Hall judges.
Tempted? For more info on how to enter go to the competition page:
How to enter
Dancity Nights is the series of renowned off-season events by Dancity Festival, which take place in the city of Foligno, Italy, and Serendipity club, one of the best clubs of the Italian scene. Since 2007, Dancity Nights hosts top international artists and young talents of the electronic culture scene for DJ sets and live performances, along with the Dancity resident DJs. To name a few of our guests:
PROSUMER and many more.
For your chance to be part of next season’s Dancity Nights performers, create a mix no longer than 60 minutes using vinyl records only (exception – your own self-produced tracks on other mediums), and follow the instructions below.
- Upload a mix on Mixcloud, 60 minutes maximum, following your musical taste.
- Mix must be vinyl only, except for self-produced tracks if included.
- Title the Mix “Dancity Festival 2014 DJ competition – Your DJ Name”
- Tag the mix: “Dancity Festival 2014 DJ competition“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Write a short biography (150 Words Max)
- Add tracklist.
- Use the competition cover-art provided here.
- No age limit applies. For minors, please include a parent/legal guardian permission form to enter the competition.
Instructions and regulations in Italian here.
- DJ set at Dancity Nights event during the 2014-2015 season – including travel, room and board expenses to Foligno, Italy, from a chosen location in Europe, for the Dancity Nights event. The date of the event will be concurred with the winner. (To view past events, click here)
- VIP pass for Dancity Festival 2014, June 26-27-28, Foligno Line-up: Bambounou, Ben Ufo, Caribou, DVS1, Felix Kubin, Flying Lotus, Helena Hauff, James Pants, Jessy Lanza, Marco Shuttle, Murcof & Vanessa Wagner, Neneh Cherry w/ RocketNumberNine, Omar Souleyman, Pangaea, Pearson Sound, Petar Dundov, S/V/N Showcase, Theo Parrish live band, and many more. (Tickets on sale here.)
- The winner will also receive a Novation Launchpad Mini by Midiware.
- The top 10 Mixcloud “favourites” will be shortlisted.
- A panel made up of music critics and the top event organisers all around Italy will review the selections and choose one winner.
- Davide Amici, artistic direction assistant, Club2Club festival
- Francesco Bartolucci “Franco B”, Dancity and Serendipity club resident DJ
- Claudio Fagnani, communications manager, Elita Festival
- Marco Unzip, RoBOt Festival
- Quality, originality and technical skills will be considered, among other aspects.
Think your DJ skills deserve a bigger stage than your bedroom? Want the chance to play one of the most exciting independent festivals this summer and rub shoulders with Andy C and the RAM Records gang, James Zabiela and Friction? Well, you’re in luck.
We’ve teamed up with the crew over at Nozstock: The Hidden Valley to search for a fresh DJ to get the speakers and crowd bouncing this August, with a slot in the Cubicles at Nozstock 2014! We’ll also feature the winner on Data Transmission with an exclusive interview to be seen by our trusted readers, tweeters and Facebook troop.
- No alternative prize will be offered in exchange for the original prize.
- Unclaimed prizes will be void.
- All images shown are for illustration only.
To enter, please submit your best track via Mixcloud by midnight 31st May 2014 following these simple steps:
How to enter:
- ‘Like’ the Nozstock and Data Transmission Facebook pages.
- Upload a mix of no more than 20 minutes to Mixcloud.
- Title the mix “Nozstock Data Transmission DJ Comp 2014 – Your Name”
- Tag the mix: “Nozstock Data Transmission DJ Comp 2014“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Write a short biography including your DJ name, real name and mixcloud user name in the description
- Add tracklist
- Use the competition cover-art provided here.
- Your mix should reflect the set you would play at Nozstock. Make sure it’s huge!
- Entrants must be 18 or over.
- A maximum of one entry is permitted per person.
- Entrants may be disqualified without notice or reason at any time and at the discretion of Data Transmission or Nozstock Festival
Click HERE to view the T&C’s.
If you’re a TRAKTOR DJ app user we have some good news for you.
With the new Traktor DJ 1.4 app for iPhone and iPad, you can DJ on-the-go AND now upload seamlessly to Mixcloud. Find out how to do it in the video below.
This exciting new feature allows you to upload your mixes directly to Mixcloud without having to export and manually upload the file – all from within the app.
And to celebrate this collaboration, we teamed up with Native Instruments for a special DJ mix competition to win a trip to Ibiza. Until May 31st, all mixes recorded and uploaded to Mixcloud using TRAKTOR DJ will be automatically be entered in the contest. Acid house legend A Guy Called Gerald will pick the winner.
Go here to find out more about the competition.
What’s more, the new 1.4 version from Native Instruments introduces new effects and usability improvements. Iceverb, Transpose Stretch, and Reverse Grain can be accessed for free when a notification window prompts the user to unlock. Playlist and subfolder editing have been improved for better in-app track management in addition to a variety of smaller stability and usability improvements.
Find out more about TRAKTOR DJ at: