We are joining forces once again with W Hotels for the second volume of ‘Future Rising’ – championing the creative leaders of tomorrow, and remixing music and art to reimagine WONDERLAND through six collaborations exclusively at W Hotels around the world.
The second edition of our partnership with W Hotels Worldwide, Future Rising, will begin in February 2018, bringing together a community of creative leaders – from musicians and DJs, to visual artists and film directors – for a series of happenings at six W Hotels.
The programme will highlight various artists’ utopian vision of the world’s ideal tomorrow – collectively referred to as WONDERLAND. Hosted exclusively at W Hotels around the world, the calendar of events will kick off at W Istanbul on February 3rd, and be quickly followed by events at W Barcelona (15th February), W Dubai – Al Habtoor City (21st February), W Amsterdam (1st March), W Paris – Opera (6th March), and finally W London – Leicester Square (8th March).
“Music has been a defining characteristic of the W brand since its inception, and furthering our partnership with Mixcloud is the perfect way to continue to bring what is new and next in music to our guests,” said Jenni Benzaquen, Vice President, Luxury Brands – Europe, Marriott Interna-tional. “This unique programme of six unmissable happenings offers a creative platform to a new generation of talent, showcasing their diverse styles at some of our most iconic W hotels around the world.”
The W brand’s European Music Director, Kristina Dolgova, has carefully curated each event in partnership with Mixcloud’s in-house team of music experts. All performances and discussions will be recorded and exclusively available on the W Hotels Mixcloud channel.
“As soon as you enter any W Hotel around the world it is instantly obvious that the brand is passionate about music,” said Kazim Rashid, Creative Director, Mixcloud. “For us at Mixcloud, it’s imperative that we only partner with likeminded, authentic brands who not only love music, but take the time to cultivate young, rising talent. This second volume of our FUTURE RISING partnership does just that, asking young creatives to reimagine ‘WONDERLAND’ – their utopian vision of tomorrow – through their art.”
Event details include:
- W Istanbul (3rd February): Fashion and lifestyle magazine 212 has curated a bold exhibition featuring the photographic works of artists featured in and championed by the magazine. The eclectic Istanbul musicians, Nusaibin, will perform a special live set followed byDJ sets from Istanbul based electronic DJ, Kaan Düzarat.
- W Barcelona (15th February): The brand’s newest W Sound Suite (private recording studio) will come alive through an immersive event with Spanish DJ and producer, UN-ER, alongside his record label, Solar Distance, with the creation of a new track in front of a FUTURE RISING audience.
- W Dubai – Al Habtoor City (21st February): A vision of designer and creative Faissal El-Malak, this evening will see WONDERLAND come to life through a film directed by trailblazing Amirah Tajdin, reimaging the future as a ‘safe space’, starring a traditional all-female ten-piece band.
- W Amsterdam (1st March): Three exciting young filmmakers from London and Los Angeles will come together to unveil their bespoke music video series for the enigmatic singer, Bipolar Sunshine. Created by Mollie Mills, Raine Allen-Miller and Matilda Finn, the WONDERLAND-inspired videos for the artist’s ‘Easy to Do’ mixtape will be shown alongside performances by Bipolar Sunshine and Amsterdam’s hottest DJs. There will also be a panel discussion between the three directors, celebrating women in film and music.
- W Paris – Opera (6th March): To kick-off the evening, The Flower Boys, of Radio Fleur fame, will share their vision of WONDERLAND in a panel discussion hosted in one of the hotel’s iconic suites.The evening, curated by the band’s frontman and Parisian model, Gregory Robert, continues with live music performances by The Flower Boys, DJ Andy 3000 and talented violinist, Safia Zimouche.
- W London – Leicester Square (8th March): The last FUTURE RISING event will see breakout singer Bipolar Sunshine host an invigorating panel discussion around the rise of London-locals in the global creative scene. In partnership with London-born film directors Mollie Mills and Raine Allen-Miller, the creatives will share their own stories of success to inspire the next generation of London talent. Bipolar Sunshine will perform live, in addition to a curated selection of London’s most talented DJs.
For more information on FUTURE RISING: WONDERLAND and to secure a place on the guest list to the exclusive events, check out www.FutureRisingNow.com.