Mixcloud teamed up with DJcity UK and Speakerbox to offer UK DJs the chance to take a step further in their career by winning an opening set at a 2013 Speakerbox event.
SPEAKERBOX was established in 2009 by BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra’s MISTAJAM to help champion the hottest up and coming DJ, producer and vocalist talent alongside more established names. Since then SPEAKERBOX has grown to become one of the most exciting multi-genre live brands out there. Future confirmed Speakerbox plans include Europe wide shows, more UK Festival stages (WE R FSTVL, BOARDMASTERS and CREAMFIELDS 2013 have already been announced with more to follow), a national UK tour and a few more unique London Warehouse events. Coupled with releases from DECiBEL, MAJESTIC and LIAM BAILEY; the future is looking bright and busy for SPEAKERBOX.
DJcity is the industry provider of music to the professional DJ community.
The competition will run alongside “UK DJ Linkup”, a networking event for DJs to discuss music trends & new technology, swap gigs, and come up with new ideas and opportunities. You must RSVP at www.djcity.co.uk/djlinkup to receive your invitation for the event.
The prize is a billed set on a future Speakerbox event (details to be confirmed at a later date).
How to enter
You can mix any genre of music. Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) originality, creativity, numbers of plays and favourites, positive feedback, and technical ability. Mixes must gain over 100 plays to be considered for the shortlist.
- Deadline: 10 April 2013
- Record your 20 minute entry and add the tracklist
- Title it ‘DJ Linkup Speakerbox Competition’
- Tag it with ‘Speakerbox Competition’
- Use the artwork provided here for your mix
- Competition open to UK residents only.
* We will not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Please do not post comments asking people to listen to your entry if you haven’t listened to other people’s entries. Please refrain from favoriting other entries to gain attention.