1. Add Follow Widget
Let your fans know they can find you on Mixcloud by adding the ‘Follow‘ widget on your site or blog. Just go on your profile page and under the description click on ‘Share’ – it really is as easy as that! More info HERE.
2. Mixcloud Icon to Share Buttons
Add a Mixcloud icon next to other social media buttons on your blog or site. You can get them HERE.
3. Mixcloud Widgets to Embed Cloudcasts
You can now add a new HTML-based embeddable widget, better still – you don’t even have to worry about Flash compatibility. The widget looks and feels just like the new desktop and mobile versions of Mixcloud giving you the same great experience wherever you are! Click HERE for more information.
4. Embed Multicloudcasts using a simple widget
If you collect your Cloudcast’s in a playlist, our new feature allows you to embed multiple Cloudcasts across the web. Go to your profile, find the desired playlist, click on ‘Share’ and you will see a pop-up box. From there, click on Embed Player and paste it across your site or blog. More info HERE.
How to enter
Dancity Nights is the series of renowned off-season events by Dancity Festival, which take place in the city of Foligno, Italy, and Serendipity club, one of the best clubs of the Italian scene. Since 2007, Dancity Nights hosts top international artists and young talents of the electronic culture scene for DJ sets and live performances, along with the Dancity resident DJs. To name a few of our guests:
PROSUMER and many more.
For your chance to be part of next season’s Dancity Nights performers, create a mix no longer than 60 minutes using vinyl records only (exception – your own self-produced tracks on other mediums), and follow the instructions below.
- Upload a mix on Mixcloud, 60 minutes maximum, following your musical taste.
- Mix must be vinyl only, except for self-produced tracks if included.
- Title the Mix “Dancity Festival 2014 DJ competition – Your DJ Name”
- Tag the mix: “Dancity Festival 2014 DJ competition“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Write a short biography (150 Words Max)
- Add tracklist.
- Use the competition cover-art provided here.
- No age limit applies. For minors, please include a parent/legal guardian permission form to enter the competition.
Instructions and regulations in Italian here.
- DJ set at Dancity Nights event during the 2014-2015 season – including travel, room and board expenses to Foligno, Italy, from a chosen location in Europe, for the Dancity Nights event. The date of the event will be concurred with the winner. (To view past events, click here)
- VIP pass for Dancity Festival 2014, June 26-27-28, Foligno Line-up: Bambounou, Ben Ufo, Caribou, DVS1, Felix Kubin, Flying Lotus, Helena Hauff, James Pants, Jessy Lanza, Marco Shuttle, Murcof & Vanessa Wagner, Neneh Cherry w/ RocketNumberNine, Omar Souleyman, Pangaea, Pearson Sound, Petar Dundov, S/V/N Showcase, Theo Parrish live band, and many more. (Tickets on sale here.)
- The winner will also receive a Novation Launchpad Mini by Midiware.
- The top 10 Mixcloud “favourites” will be shortlisted.
- A panel made up of music critics and the top event organisers all around Italy will review the selections and choose one winner.
- Davide Amici, artistic direction assistant, Club2Club festival
- Francesco Bartolucci “Franco B”, Dancity and Serendipity club resident DJ
- Claudio Fagnani, communications manager, Elita Festival
- Marco Unzip, RoBOt Festival
- Quality, originality and technical skills will be considered, among other aspects.
The Emerging Ibiza Experts have narrowed their choices for the WildCard Competition down to their favourite selections. Now it is up to you to decide who you think should have the chance to play Space Ibiza at Kaluki Opening party next Tuesday, by favouriting and sharing their mix!
Check out the 30 finalists on the Emerging Ibiza Playlist: Wild Cards – The Final Shuffle
The Emerging Ibiza Break Thru Festival takes place in various venues around the island including Sankeys, Ushuaia, The Zoo Project between the 27th – 31st May!
Remember there are still prizes up for grabs!
- A chance to play A Show At The E.I. Season of Events June – Sept 2014
- A chance to play The E.I. Closing Party September 2014
- A One Year Management Contract With Leading Electronic Management Company
We teamed up with Asutrian based Beat Supreme and Outlook Festival to offer aspiring DJs the opportunity to win 2 VIP-Passes at Outlook and perform on the main stage of the official Outlook Festival Launch Party Graz at Postgarage! Perform on a big stage alongside some of Drum and Bass‘finests, DUB PHIZIX & MC STRATEGY, AMOSS, MEFJUS and more!
- 2 VIP-Festival-Passes for the OUTLOOK Festival 2014, taking place in Pula (CRO) from 3 to 7 September 2014.
- A slot to perform your set (1h) on the mainfloor of the Outlook Launch Party Graz @ Postgarage on 20th June 2014
- The best 5 mixes will be aired on Radio Soundportal (Styria/Austria FM) as part of the Beat Supreme radiocast
10 entrants will be shortlisted to become finalists – these mixes will then go into a second stage where special guest judges will listen to the finalist’s mixes and along with their feedback on social media, a winner will be chosen.
How to enter
- Upload a 30 minute mix to Mixcloud of the kind of music you would
play at the Outlook Launch Party Graz.
- Name the mix ‘Outlook Launch Graz Mix competition – your DJ name’
- Tag the mix with “Outlook Launch Graz“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed!
- Use the Outlook Launch Party Graz mix-competition artwork provided here.
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- Provide links to your social media accounts.
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback on social media, tune selection, originality and technical ability. DJs must gain over 50 plays to be considered for the shortlist.
- Beat Supreme are looking for DJs who show commitment and are able to use the tools available on Mixcloud and across the web to promote themselves effectively.
- The final decision will be made by Beat Supreme and the special guest judges.
- Remember that this is a competition for Newcomer-DJs who don’t play on bigger
stages on a regular base.
We’re very happy to announce that GigaTools just launched their integration with Mixcloud.
GigaTools is a promotional tool for artists, bands, labels & agents to manage, promote and share their upcoming gigs online. GigaTools allows you to update multiple sites and social networks with something they call gig schedule by plugging into all the major social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and now Mixcloud.
If you’re already on GigaTools simply log in and follow the link to Edit User and from that page, Connect to Mixcloud. You will then be taken to Mixcloud where you can grant permission to the GigaTools Mixcloud App and from then on, your Mixcloud profile will feature a micro Gigs listing and a link to your GigaTools profile page which we will update daily.
Apart from updating your profiles with the latest gigs on all these services, you can also set up automated announcements to go out to your social networks as well as keep fans up to date with a bunch of options such as iCal & Google Calender feeds & RSS feeds.
You can give GigaTools a try with a free trial account from www.gigatools.com
On April 15th, we supported DJcityUK in hosting a DJ link up in partnership with Speakerbox. The gathering included DJs from across the UK from Belfast to Oxford, Scotland to Wales, Manchester to Birmingham and many other cities.
Just like last year’s event, this year’s link up was a great opportunity for UK DJs to network, put faces to names, discuss their local scenes, and other topics. Check out what went down.